Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Weekend in Review...

Sorry it's been a few days since I've updated. I wanted to update throughout the weekend, but it proved to be a more hectic weekend than I thought it would be. I also couldn't update Monday or Tuesday due to it being the end of the month, and I barely have enough time to fart let alone type up a blog.

My sincerest apologies.
So! Here we go with an update on the weekend and the last few days.

FRIDAY-

Friday was a little more hectic of a day than I would have liked it to be. Since I was sick on Monday, I had about four hours I needed to make up. I got close to it, but it just wasn't happening. Thankfully, I was given the go ahead to come in Saturday morning to make up time.

Moving along. I got off work and went straight home in hopes of eating dinner and heading out the door to go to see The Simpsons Movie. When I arrive at the apartment, Scar isn't preparing dinner of any sort. He's in the shower, getting ready for the movie. No dinner. NO DINNER?! I was so stinking hungry, I nearly tore his eyes out for not having food ready for me. That might be slightly combined with my gradually increasing PMS.

We head to the brand new theatre over in Brambleton, Fox Cinemas, and wait for all of our friends to get there (PokerGuy, PokerGirl and two new friends, Zbaby and MusicLady). Scar and I sit out in front of the theater for EVER waiting for them to get there. See, this is why I like having friends like Busty and her Mom- they're always on time/early. These four are the type to get there at the last possible second, because they don't think about the fact that it might be hard to find 6 seats for a movie that just opened that day.

As for the movie- it was actually pretty good. Yes, it was like a 90 minute Simpsons episode, but you get to see more from the beloved Simpsons family than you would in a normal episode. It was worth $10 to go see it (well, technically $60 for all the tickets I bought, butScar didn't realize that yes, I was intending to collect from all of them). Sorry, I'm not THAT irritated.

We went to Bloom after the movie to do some light grocery shopping (to the tune of a "light" $90), and then stopped at Burger King on the way home.

SATURDAY-

Saturday morning, I got my lazy ass up at 6:15am to go into the office to finish up some work. I arrived at 7am, and was furiously working until 8:55am when the entire system shut down. I went roaming around the office, 3rd AND 4th floor, looking for someone, ANYONE, who might be able to explain to me why the hell my e-mail, system, timeclock and internet stopped working. I finally ran into the IT guys who looked at me like I had appeared out of nowhere.

"What happened to the system?"
"Didn't you get the memo?"
"What memo?"
"We sent an e-mail to all the managers notifying them the system would be up and down for 4 hours today, and it's not encouraged for anyone to come in and work today"
"So... my manager isn't manager enough to get that particular e-mail?"
"Oops"

Needless to say I went home just about 45 minutes shy of a full 40 hour work week, which irritated the hell out of me.

Once I got home, Scar and I ran out to run a couple of errands, then I fell asleep on the couch to nap for the big night ahead. That big night- The Legwarmers Show at the State Theatre with Busty and her Mom!!!!


















Well, anyway, it was a great show.

This is all I really feel like updating about now... I just found out I'm getting my quarterly review. Let you know how that goes.

No comments: