Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just Call Me Grace...

Good Morning to all! Today is a fun day, because we've already started out with a minor injury.

Let's start this post right and explain exactly what happened.

I woke up at 6am this morning (approximately 45 minutes before my alarm was scheduled to go off)- and realized I was all alone in bed. I thought maybe Scar had gotten up to use the bathroom/smoke a cigarette/make breakfast... and I walk to the living room to find his lazy ass asleep on the couch.

Go figure. He got home around 11:15 last night from poker, and never made it all the way into the bedroom; instead, falling asleep on the couch watching High Stakes Poker on GSN. At this time, I also figured out why I had been so cold all night- he still had my blanket the couch, so I was freezing my little nips off under the thin sheet on my bed.

I went back to the bedroom to lie down for a few more minutes, and ended up falling asleep through my alarm until 7:30. I am officially late for work, because I desperately needed to shower. Don't ask.

After eating some Eggo Waffles (totally hit the spot, considering I lazed out of cooking last night and only made myself a ham 'n' cheese samich), I took a shower and began getting ready for work. Once I got my shoes on, I rushed out the door to get in my car and motor it to work. Just as I was buckling my seat belt, I realized I was missing something. My phone.

I unbuckled my seat belt, and "ran" back up the stairs (and by ran, I mean waddled hurriedly) to get it. I grabbed my phone, and rushed BACK down the stairs to my car, and as I got in, I either misjudged the height of my car, or was still asleep, and cracked my forehead open on the door frame of my car.

OUCH. Taking a peak in the rear view mirror, I realize I have little drops of blood pooling up and trickling down towards my eye. First a tear comes to my eye, then possibly every cuss word I'm aware of came pouring out of my mouth. I went back upstairs to clean up my wound and make sure I wasn't going to puke or pass out. It immediately stopped bleeding, however, I still had a few spots dancing before my right eye.

Once I finally get my bearings about me, I SLOWLY get back into my car and drive to work. I'm doing fine until the Sun, who had so graciously been hiding behind the Clouds, for my sake, I'm sure, decided to poke out and tease me with it's bright rays. I squinted and suddenly realize that my forehead was not just scratched, but had a large knot forming. That feeling is enough turn your stomach, especially when you're driving through rush hour traffic in one of the stupidest cities in NoVa. Damn you, Sun!

I was able to make it to work without mishap, however, I'm currently sitting at my desk pondering the drug interactions between Balacet and Excedrin Extra Strength, and whether or not both would be worth it for my screaming headache and back pain. Shouldn't be a problem, right?


I suppose this is the point where I take some pills to get a little stoned and forget all about the large, tumor-like knot that's forming on my forehead. Good Day, all, and I shall be back for more tales from the gracefully challenged.

No comments: